Are you a gun owner? If you are, then investing in a gun safe should be an obvious choice for you. But which gun safe is the best choice? Which one is the best gun safe under 200?
I hear you ask! Well, we have got you covered. In this article, we will review some of the best affordable gun safes in the market that you can buy on a budget of $200.
In our detailed reviews, you’ll be able to learn about their capacity, build-quality, and the type of security that they provide. Hopefully, you’ll be able to find the product that you’re looking for.
Best Gun Safe Under $200 to $100 In 2020 – Our Top 10 Picks
SentrySafe QAP2EL Gun Safe with Digital Keypad
Are you searching for a premium gun safe that will provide you with the ultimate safety and security from unwanted access to your handguns? Well, the SentrySafe QAP2EL gun safe can get the job done for you.
Opening the gun safe at night-time or in the low light condition is a tough task. That’s why the QAP2EL model features interior LED lights that will increase visibility and you won’t require any external lighting to access the contents of the safe.
It can store one handgun or two pistols at the same time. You can also put some ammunition or other valuables inside it for protection.
It’s quite sturdy and its build-quality is impeccable. It has a dual-locking mechanism and you can access this gun safe using your fingerprint or by using the keypad.
It also comes with a gas-strut whose job is to automatically open the safe once the authorized fingerprint or password is entered into the safe.
- Typically, gun safes have enough capacity to store one handgun and some ammunition. However, the SentrySafe QAP2EL gun safe can store up to two pistols and some ammunition.
- The QAP2EL gun safe features a keypad where you can type in an override key in order to unlock the safe.
- Its storage capacity is .115 cubic feet.
- It uses 4 alkaline AA batteries as its power source.
- It has a solid steel construction that makes it highly durable.
- Its door can open automatically.
- The interior part of the gun safe has a soft interior lining made of foam.
- It has met and exceeded all of the California DOJ requirements.
- The gas-sturt could get damaged after long-term use.
SentrySafe is the leading brand in the market when it comes to gun safes, and the QAP2El model is one of their best products. You can buy it without hesitation.
AmazonBasics Deluxe Quick-Access Dual Firearm Safety Device
AmazonBasics store has brought to you an affordable yet high-quality dual-access gun safe that has all of the innovative features of the high-end gun safe models.
The AmazonBasics Deluxe gun safe features a five hundred DPI semiconductor biometric fingerprint scanner. It’s quite fast and it recognizes the fingerprint and unlocks the safe in just 1 second.
You can have peace of mind while storing your valuables, firearms, or important documents in this safe as you can be sure no burglar will ever be able to pry open this safe.
That’s because this gun safe features a pry-resistant door and a dual-layered steel housing. As it has a dual-locking mechanism you can either use the biometric fingerprint sensor or the keypad to unlock the safe.
- The fingerprint scanner can store up to 50 different fingerprints at the same time. And it can work for up to 1,000,000 touches.
- It has a rubber keypad where you can punch in the password and the safe will open automatically
- There’s no need to worry if you forget the code. This product comes with a back-up key.
- The rubber buttons of the keypad are whisper-quiet.
- It features a gas-spring door that will open automatically once it gets unlocked.
- This gun safe has pre-drilled holes that can be used to mount this gun safe to the floor.
- It doesn’t come with any instruction manual and you might have a tough time setting up the fingerprint for the gun safe.
Overall, the AmazonBasics deluxe gun safe would be an excellent choice for someone who’s looking for a budget-friendly gun safe.
Stealth Handgun Hanger Safe Quick Access Electronic Pistol Security Box
The Stealth Handgun Hanger Safe has amazing features that set it apart from the other products in the market. It can hold your favorite guns in a ready position. Moreover, you can also store two more handguns on the floor of the safe.
This lockbox comes with a security cable that can be used to secure the safe to an object. It also has high-density foam in its interior that protects the firearms from getting scratched.
This safe has thick walls and the door is recessed from its frame. Its latch is quite strong and it’s nearly impossible to break into this safe.
It has a spring-loaded door and the door will snap open instantly, once the right combination is entered into the safe.
- The Stealth handgun safe has the largest amount of capacity out of all the entries on this list.
- It can hold up to three handguns vertically and two handguns if they are stored horizontally.
- It features a .375” thick door that has pry-proof tabs.
- It also has a strong locking latch and its robust, welded lock housing protects it from getting lock-picked.
- It has an interior red light that will illuminate the interior of the safe.
- It features backlit buttons.
- This gun safe even has a silent mode option.
- It has a maximum capacity of 5 handguns.
- Whenever you enter the passcode into the keypad, it makes a beeping sound. This sound is quite loud.
- The interior lighting is a bit weak.
The Stealth Handgun Hanger Safe would be a great bargain for you especially if you consider the price of this product.
Vaultek VR10 Lightweight Bluetooth Smart Handgun Safe
Vaultek has long been considered to be one of the best brands for gun safes in the market, and the VR10 would is one of their best offerings. It has simple and straightforward. Its design is actually based on the popular Vaultek VE10 model.
The keypad of the VR10 gun safe has a built-in proximity sensor that can detect the movement of your fingers and it will light up whenever you’re trying to open the safe. The safe provides more than 40,000 unique combinations.
The best part about this smart handgun safe is that you can control it using your smartphone through a play store app.
Vaultek has managed to install innovative Bluetooth technology on this smart gun safe that will let you delete fingerprints, set combinations, and open the safe through the app. It also comes with a 4 feet long security cable that you can use to secure the safe to something.
- The VR10 model features anti-pry bars, a cable mount, and anti-impact latches that make the safe as secure as possible.
- This safe is powered by a li-ion battery. This battery can last for four months on a single charge.
- The battery is rechargeable and it will take roughly two and a half hours to recharge it fully.
- It can store one handgun. But there will still be space left for your jewelry, cash, and other personal belongings.
- It’s relatively compact and it only weighs about 5.2 pounds. Which is why you can easily carry it around in your luggage.
- It comes with two backup keys in case the other locking systems fail.
- The numbers on the buttons can ware off after a few months of use.
The VR10 features everything that you need from a gun safe. It’s the ideal tool for storing your essential valuables.
BILLCONCH Biometric Gun Safe, Smart Pistol Safe
If you’re okay with having a heavier safe than the other entries on our list, then the BILLCONCH biometric gun safe would be an excellent choice for you. We can assure you that it’s more than capable of protecting your property in all aspects.
There are four different methods of unlocking this safe. As it’s a smart pistol safe, you can connect the safe to your phone via Bluetooth and unlock it by using an app.
This smart pistol safe features a top-notch biometric fingerprint sensing technology that has fast recognition. It can recognize the fingerprint in just .1 seconds and it can hold a total of 20 fingerprints at any given time.
You can also use your fingerprint to unlock the safe. There is a keypad on the gun safe as well that can be used to open the safe. And lastly, it comes with a backup key that can be used to open this gun safe.
- As mentioned, before you can control this gun safe using its app.
- You can manage the fingerprints, unlock the safe, or change the password using the app.
- This pistol safe gets powered by a powerful 18650 battery.
- Once the battery is fully charged, you can unlock the safe roughly 6000 times before the battery runs out of charge.
- When you click on the buttons they light up.
- If the battery is running low on charge, then the safe will flash red when you unlock it.
- It can store two pistols and some additional ammunition as well.
- Its outer surface is made of hard carbonated steel.
- Figuring out how the app works and how to set it up is a tedious task.
We can assure you that the BILLCONCH Biometric Gun Safe is more than capable of protecting your property in all aspects.
SentrySafe QAP1BLX Quick Access Pistol Safe
The SentrySafe QAP1BLX is quite similar to the QAP2EL model in terms of quality and design. It’s an exceptional gun safe and you rest assured that it will protect your valuables from burglars.
This gun safe allows the user to open the safe and gain access to his/her firearms in just a matter of seconds by swiping his/her finger over the fingerprint scanner. It can store up to 10 different fingerprints at the same time.
It’s made of solid steel and its door is impact-resistant. It provides two methods for entry and those are a fingerprint scanner and a keypad locking system.
It’s battery-powered and that’s why you have to buy a high-quality battery for this gun safe in order to get the optimal performance.
- The interior LED lights of the safe illuminates the inside part of the gun safe whenever you open the safe’s door.
- The QAP1BLX gun safe features an innovative compression gas-strut that automatically opens the safe’s door whenever it receives the correct fingerprint or passcode.
- The exterior of the QAP1BLX safe is highly durable due to its solid steel construction.
- The interior is made out of highly condensed foam.
- It comes with a bolt down kit that you can use to mount the safe to a secure place.
- This safe has a soft interior lining that protects the valuables inside the safe.
- Its strong 12-gauge steel construction makes it long-lasting and durable.
- The fingerprint scanner is a little faulty.
We have thoroughly tested this product out, and this gun safe has managed to impress us with its construction quality and overall performance.
Hornady RAPiD Gun Safe
We thought that we should include a slightly different type of product for the seventh spot on our list. And that’s why we have chosen the Hornady Rapid gun safe as our last entry.
You might have heard about Hornady. It’s one of the most well-known gun safe manufactures in the industry.
This gun safe has a straightforward design but its RFID-based unlocking system is what sets it apart from the rest. You get a RFID wristband with the safe that will open the safe instantly whenever you need immediate access to your guns.
Its spring assisted lid can open automatically. It also has a secondary method for entry. And that is a keypad security access. You can program this keypad to hold a four digit or a six-digit passcode which can be used to open the safe.
- This product comes with an RFID wristband that can be used to activate the gun safe in order to unlock it. You can program this safe to hold up to 5 RFID tags.
- This gun safe’s exterior is made out of 14-gauge solid steel. It also has two internal locking lugs and a pry-proof door.
- It comes with a cable that can be used to secure this gun safe to any location that you want.
- It also has a keypad through which you can gain access to the safe.
- Its lid opens up instantly once it reads the RFID tag.
- It comes with pre-drilled mounting holes.
- It’s easy to use.
- Its lock isn’t as effective as the other entries on this list.
If you’re searching for an excellent gun safe that has a simple design then the Hornady Rapid gun safe is the best choice for you.
Best Gun Safe Buying Guide
It’s the responsibility of a gun owner to keep his/her firearms safe from any kind of unauthorized intruders. A gun safe can be an effective solution to that problem.
But the question is how to select a reliable gun safe and that has excellent functionality and durability?
Well, our detailed buyer’s guide can help with that. Here are some of the most crucial features that you should consider before buying a gun safe:
Size of the Gun Safe
You have to be careful while choosing the size of the gun safe that you’re going to buy. The gun safe should be large enough to store your guns and ammunition. It should also have some spare space for storing other valuables items.
However, the safe shouldn’t be too large. As that would make it tough for you to transport the safe from one place to another.
You should also consider your future plans. Try to buy a larger gun safe if you’re planning on expanding your collection.
The build quality and the construction of the gun safe is its most critical feature. You have to make sure that the gun safe you’re buying has a solid construction.
The housing and the door of the gun safe should be made of at minimum 7-gauge steel. However, experts recommend you go for a gun safe that’s made of 10-gauge steel. As a general rule of thumb, the thicker the safe is the better.
Type of the Lock
There are hundreds of gun safes in the market and each of them has its own locking mechanism. Some have a keypad locking system, some have a traditional key based locking system and others have biometric fingerprint locking systems. Some even let you unlock the safe using your smartphone.
And there are many models that have multiple locking mechanisms. Therefore, you should pick the type of locking system that best suits your needs.
We suggest you go for a biometric gun safe. That’s because these safes are quite fast and convenient.
The gun safe has to be durable enough to last for years and years. People want to buy a gun safe and be done with it. If you have to buy another gun safe in just a few months then that would be problematic, don’t you think?
So, make sure you buy a safe that’s sturdy and durable. And the safe needs to be fire and water-resistant. It has to be able to withstand extreme conditions and it needs to ensure the safety of the contents inside the safe.
Frequently Asked Questions
What’s the best gun safe for the money?
That’s a tough question. The reason for that is that not all gun safes are the same. And the price of the gun safe will vary depending on your requirements.
In our opinion, the SentrySafe QAP2EL provides the most value for the money.
Are gun safes bulletproof?
Gun safes aren’t specially made to be bulletproof. However, gun safes have thick steel housing and most of the gun safes in the market are thick enough to stop bullets.
What gun safes are made in the USA?
Most of the big brands of the gun safe industry are US-based companies. For instance, AMSEC. GunVault, Liberty Pistol Safes are all US-based brands and they manufacture their products in the USA.
Should I bolt down my safe?
The answer is yes, you should bolt your safe down. That’s because bolting the gun safe down on the floor or on the wall makes it much more secured.