A gun owner’s biggest responsibility is keeping his/her gun safe from intruders and burglars.
But gun safes can get a little expensive especially if you’re searching for a premium one. So, the question is can you buy a quality gun safe under a budget of $300?
Don’t worry. Fortunately for you, the answer is yes. Down below we will be reviewing 7 most highly rated gun safes in the market. But if you ask us which one is the best gun safe under 300? Then we must tell you to buy the awesafe gun safe.
Wanna know why? Just keep reading and you’ll know the answer.
Top 7 Best Gun Safe Under $300 In 2020
awesafe Gun Safe with Fingerprint Identification
This awesafe gun safe is literally the most popular and best-selling gun safe on Amazon. We were a bit curious about how this gun safe became so renowned. And that’s why we tested it out ourselves.
It features a robust locking mechanism and its pry-resistant door makes it almost impossible to break into this gun safe.
Just like most of the gun safes made by awesafe, this premium pistol safe also features a sophisticated fingerprint locking system that will allow you to gain access to your safe just by swiping your fingerprint over the scanner.
And we were blown away by the quality and sturdiness of this gun safe. It has a strong construction and it’s made of solid steel.
This gun safe is quite convenient to use. It’s lightweight and compact, making it ideal for transportation.
- It comes with blue interior LED lights that allow the user to use the safe even in the dark without requiring any additional lighting.
- It has an innovative biometric fingerprint locking system.
- Aside from the fingerprint locking system, this gun safe also features a digital keypad.
- This gun safe is pretty compact and it can easily fit in your drawer.
- It’s quite portable and you can carry it around in your car, inside your backpack or luggage.
- It comes with a pry-resistant door and its solid steel construction protects your guns and valuables from unauthorized access.
- It comes in two sizes.
- The customer service is mediocre.
Overall, the awesafe gun safe is one of the best gun safes under 300 that we have ever come across. We couldn’t help but give it the number one spot on our list.
SentrySafe QAP2BEL Gun Safe with Biometric Lock
If you want to have peace of mind when it comes to your firearms, then SentrySafe is the way to go. And their QAP2BEL gun safe has become quite popular among gun owners because of its robust construction and large storage capacity.
Unlike most of the standard biometric gun safes in the market, the SentrySafe QAP2BEL has enough space to store two regular-sized pistols or one large-sized pistol. It can also store ammunition.
It provides advanced protection to its users through its high-strength locking system. This locking mechanism can only be unlocked through its biometric fingerprint recognition system or through the keypad.
The gun safe will open almost instantly once you enter your fingerprint. And this door safe has been certified by the California DOJ.
- It features an advanced biometric fingerprint recognition system that allows the user to quickly get access to the safe just by giving his/her fingerprint.
- This gun safe is highly durable as it features solid construction. It’s made with heavy-duty.
- It has a soft interior lining that will protect your valuables from getting damaged.
- This safe is powered by four high-quality AA batteries.
- Its interior lighting makes it quite easy to use the safe in the dark.
- The door of this gun safe opens automatically once you unlock it.
- It’s compact and portable.
- It’s pretty lightweight.
- The gas strut arm could get damaged after a few years of use.
The SentrySafe QAP2BEL is one of the best options available to you if you’re searching for a high-quality gun safe at an affordable price.
RPNB Gun Safe, Quick-Access Pistol Safe
Are you concerned about your young children getting unwanted access to your firearms? Well, you can tackle that issue by purchasing a premium gun safe like the RPNB gun safe.
It’s probably the sleekest gun safes in the market. Its three-point entry makes it fairly secure. It has an expertly crafted design and its tough construction makes it impossible to pry into using hand tools.
It’s 4-digit keypad can store up to 20,000 combinations. So, you won’t have to worry about any burglar gaining access to the safe by guessing the combination to the lock.
This quick-access gun safe features a double-layered steel housing and it has enough storage space to store multiple firearms at once.
Its anti-theft technology makes it the ideal tool for keeping your guns, money, documents, jewelry, etc. safe.
- RNPB has upgraded its biometric scanners and they have put a top-notch smart biometric fingerprint sensor in this gun safe.
- It also features a four-digit backlit keypad to work as a backup. It provides more than twenty thousand unique combinations.
- It also comes with a manual key that can override the biometric scanner as well as the digit code
- The interior of the safe is covered with foam that protects the guns and other objects from getting scratched.
- The RNPB gun safe comes with mounting gear.
- The setup process is quite straightforward.
- It’s remarkably sturdy.
- It will provide instant access to your valuables.
- It can be programmed to contain multiple fingerprints.
- The fingerprint scanner is not that effective as the other entries on this list.
We can assure you that the RPNB will provide great value for your money. It’s quite durable and it will keep your guns safe for years to come.
Vaultek LifePod Secure Waterproof Portable Handgun Case
The vaultek LifePod has a unique design and it’s quite versatile. It can be used for a variety of purposes and you can easily use it to store guns and other valuables.
Just like the other gun safes made by Vaultek, this product also features their signature impact-resistant latch technology. This system will provide you with extra security.
It features a keypad that’s activated by touch, which means that this backlit keypad will detect the movement of your hands and it will light up.
This gun safe is unbeatable when it comes to portability. You can easily transport it in your car, boat, or your backpack. The touch-activated keypad allows you to gain access to the safe by inserting a password.
But, don’t worry in case you forget your password. This case comes with manual keys that can also be used to open the safe.
- It has a keypad locking system and it also comes with backup keys.
- There is a micro-USB connection port under the front keyhole cover. It can be used to power the safe in case the batteries die.
- The Vaultek gun safe’s locking system is powered by a 9V Alkaline battery. However, you can use it as a weather-resistant travel case by taking the battery out.
- This gun safe features two compression latches that create an airtight compartment in its interior that will prevent the case from getting opened if it falls from a height.
- You can enable its key lock in order to prevent it from getting lock picked.
- This safe is weather-resistant and dustproof. It even floats on water.
- It’s quite lightweight and it has met all of the TSA guidelines.
- It comes with accessories such as manual keys, and a 19-inch steel cable.
- It doesn’t come with a cable and so it would be quite tough for you to secure this safe to something.
It’s a rugged, impact-resistant lock-box that’s quite durable and affordable. We can’t recommend it enough.
SentrySafe QAP1BLX Quick Access Pistol Safe
SentrySafe is the leading brand when it comes to gun safes, and rightfully so. Their products maintain a certain amount of quality that most of their competitors lack.
That is also true in the case of the SentrySafe QAP1BLX model. This model is fairly similar to the QA2BEL that we had reviewed earlier. But, it’s sturdier and more compact.
The solid steel construction of the SentrySafe QAP1BLX is what sets it apart from the rest of the pistol safes in the market. It features a 12-gauge steel housing and a pry-resistant door.
It features a fingerprint locking mechanism and it also comes with a keypad locking system. You may choose to use whichever you see fit.
This gun safe has been approved by the California DOJ and it’s the ideal gun safe for bedside use.
- Just like the rest of the entries on our list, this gun safe also features a fingerprint locking system.
- It only takes roughly one second to open this safe using your fingerprint. Moreover, it can store up to 10 different fingerprints at the same time.
- The interior of the gun safe is made with foam so that your handguns don’t get damaged by impact or friction.
- This product includes some bolting hardware that can be used to anchor the safe to a secured object.
- It provides long-lasting performance.
- It features a gas strut that opens the door automatically.
- It has more than enough storage space.
- The interior of the safe is lined with foam.
- A lot of the customers of this product complained about the gas strut not working properly.
We were highly impressed by this product. There is a lot of things that we liked about this gun safe. You should consider buying it.
Vaultek VT20i Biometric Handgun Bluetooth Smart Safe
Vaultek has raised the bar higher than ever before with its VT20i model. It has a sleek design and innovative features that make it the ideal gun safe for home and office use.
This gun safe also features an illuminated keypad that has a proximity sensor built into it. It will detect your hand and illuminate the keypad. This keypad features 40 thousand different combinations.
The most interesting feature of this gun safe is that it can be connected to the Vaultek Bluetooth smartphone app and you can gain full control of the safe through the app.
The Vaultek VT20i is pretty slim and it can easily fit under your car seat. It has met all of the gun safety guidelines set out by the TSA.
It’s easily portable and you can anchor it to a surface using its special mounting hardware. It features two anti-impact latches that protect the safe from forceful entry.
- The VT20i model features a high-resolution fingerprint sensor. It can hold up to 20 different fingerprints at the same time.
- The VT20i gun safe has a large capacity and it can easily store your cash, firearm, and jewelry.
- This gun safe has a robust unibody design and its anti-pry bars protect your guns from theft.
- You can connect this gun to your phone using Bluetooth.
- It can be controlled using a smart phone app.
- Its rechargeable Li-ion battery can power the safe for up to 4-6 months.
- The VT20i safe is quite durable as it’s made of 16-gauge steel.
- The fingerprint sensor malfunctions sometimes. We suggest you use the keypad instead.
The Vautek VT20i quick access gun safe is the perfect tool for keeping your guns and other valuable items safe.
BARSKA Biometric Safe
It wouldn’t be a list of the best gun safe under 300 if you didn’t include an entry from BARSKA. This company excels at manufacturing premium quality gun safes that are also quite budget-friendly.
This biometric safe has been crafted using heavy-duty steel. It can easily handle regular usage and it can hold its own against tampering and prying. It also features a dual-deadbolt locking mechanism.
It comes with pre-drilled holes that can be used to get the safe mounted to a secure place. The safe comes with all the hardware required for mounting the safe.
The locking system of this safe is quite effective and it will get unlocked on the first attempt without fail.
- As the name suggests, this safe can be accessed through a fingerprint scan.
- Its AA batteries can last for up to 10,000 scans. Even if the battery runs out you can just use the backup keys to gain access to the safe.
- This gun safe features state-of-the-art Bio-Secure technology that will get your safe unlocked in a matter of seconds. It can store up to 120 unique fingerprints.
- The BARSKA gun safe has met all of the California DOJ requirements.
- This safe will last for years because of its strong construction.
- It has a large capacity and you can store your guns, cash, medicine, and jewelry inside it.
- The fingerprint sensor is highly accurate.
- It’s a bit large and heavy. That’s why it’s not portable.
The BARSKA biometric safe is an excellent gun safe and it gets the job done perfectly. You should purchase it without any hesitation.
Buying Guide To choose Best Gun Safe Under 300
We know that protecting your firearms is your top priority. And that’s why we want you to only buy the best in the market. Now, the question is what are the features that you should look for while buying one?
Well, in order to get the answer to that question we suggest you go through the following list of essential features that you need to consider before buying a safe:
The size of the safe should be your first concern while shopping for a gun safe. At first, ask yourself what kind of personal belongings you want to store in that safe.
If you just want to store a single gun and some ammunition then buying a compact gun safe would suffice. The advantage of using a compact safe is portability. You’ll be able to carry the safe around easily.
On the other hand, if you’re thinking about storing more than one gun, and some additional valuables such as money, jewelry, etc. we suggest you go for a larger safe.
The main purpose of using a gun safe is to protect your guns from intruders. And that can only be accomplished if you have a secure locking mechanism in place.
The gun safe that you’re going to buy should have an effective locking system that will provide instant access to your guns once you unlock it.
Typically, gun safes use a biometric locking system that can be unlocked by using your fingerprint. However, make sure that the gun safe features a backup locking system such as a keypad or a key.
You can just put your gun and other valuables in the safe and be done with it. Someone could just pick it up and take off with it. That’s why you need to able to mount the safe to a surface like, to the wall or in your drawer to make it more secure.
Make sure the gun safe that you’re buying comes with the mounting hardware. If you’ve bought a gun safe that doesn’t have the option of mounting, we suggest you contact the manufacturer and tell them to modify the safe.
Most of the gun safe that we have mentioned above, provide the users with roughly 20,000 different combinations. So, it’s highly unlikely that the buglers would be able to break into your safe by guessing the combination.
For a scenario like this, a failsafe locking mechanism can come in really handy. This system will automatically lock the safe if an incorrect code is pushed into the keypad multiple times.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are gun safes easy to break into?
Unfortunately, the answer is yes for most of the gun safes that are currently available in the market. However, that is not the case when it comes to some of the premium gun safes that we have included in our list.
How to prevent the guns from rusting inside the safe?
If the environment is humid, then the guns inside your safe could get rusted over time. In order to pervert that from happening, you should buy a dehumidifier.
Where should I put the gun safe in the house?
Actually, most of the gun safes are portable and you can store it anywhere you want. You could keep it on your nightstand, inside your drawer, in the garage, or inside your car.
Which company makes the best gun safe?
Whenever we think about gun safes brands like American Security (AMSEC) or GunValult may come to mind. But in recent times, SentrySafe, Vaultek and BARSKA have become the standard when it comes to gun safes.
Should you bolt down your gun safe?
Yes, you should definitely bolt down your gun safe and there’s a good reason for that. Bolting down your gun safe will make it more secure.